Data with stories workshop – examples
- Pension simulator - Letting users interact with a somewhat biased model leads them to controlled conclusions.
- Speed simulator - adding interactivity to a chart can be done very cheaply and effectively.
- 2050 Pathways analysis – create your own pathway - many precautions can be taken to prevent users to doubt public figures.
- Alcohol simulator - sometimes adding interactivity fails completely as users discover things that they should probably not have known.
- My 2050 CO2 simulator - a simulator which is a challenge to the user. Interesting sharing mechanisms too.
- New York Time’s You Fix the Budget - dead-simple interactions, objective presentation, strong bias in the questions but not obvious to the users.
- user feedback on this - analysis of the interactions
The corresponding blog post is available here and includes the presentation it’s taken from.